Part-Time Event Coordinator
The Riveter is seeking a Part-Time Event Coordinator to join our high growth startup to support in the execution of our events programming. The Event Coordinators’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What You’ll Do:
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of including:
- Welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and vendors, problem-solving, organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Moving furniture for event setup and breakdown
- Attend pre-production meetings required for any scheduled special events
- Liaising with events hosts to make sure that all their needs are met
- Delegate event execution tasks to event hosts where necessary
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients. Anticipate and plan for possible different scenarios
- Run AV for events
- Pre-event testing of Mics, Projector, Touch Screen TV
- Manage live stream of The Riveter Instagram/Facebook Page
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Have 1+ years experience in Operations, Event Coordination, and/or F&B
- Have a basic understanding of AV and sound systems or willingness to learn
- Are calm and good-natured under pressure
- Have strong tactical execution skills
- Have strong organizational and project management skills
- Have strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate event overview to clients and vendors
- Have demonstrated experience working with a small but mighty team
- Are a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift/move 20-40 pounds and assist with movement of lightweight furniture
- Have reliable transportation
- Are available on evenings and weekends
WORKING HOURS: Shifts will be scheduled out two weeks in advance, with weekday shifts typically running 2 pm - 5 pm on non-event days, and 3 pm - 10 pm on event days. All-day weekend shifts will typically run from 8 am to 8 pm.
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.