Senior Product Designer
The Riveter is looking for an experienced product designer to collaborate with our technology team in creating a world class digital experience for our members. This person should have 3+ years of experience in product development, from ideation to launch— plus familiarity with agile/lean and Human Centered Design principles.
As a core member of our product team, you’ll be responsible for delivering design solutions ranging from research and strategy (UX, IA), interactions (IxD), visuals (UI) and validation (testing).
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the development team to fulfill next steps and deliver on design to help your team build the product
- Confidently articulate and objectively explain your design decisions and deliverables to your team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with product team leaders on how to improve your skills and advance your product’s success
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Have 3+ years of working experience in a startup or agency environment
- Are familiar with solving problems across multiple technology platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- Are proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, and prototyping tools
- Understand development practices and experience directly collaborating with development teams
- Have experience designing community oriented tools
- Take a data centric approach to design and iteration
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Are proactive and adaptive in a quickly moving startup environment
- Are passionate about participating in a culture that values collaboration, feedback and transparency.
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.