The Junior Designer will be responsible for execution of creative deliverables. Reporting to the Senior Designer the Junior Designer will be responsible for digital, social, website, email, location signage, collateral, internal communications as well as the needs of other departments. This role requires agility and a willingness to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Junior Designer will work on deliverables ranging from simple production design to elaborate and sophisticated asset development. This role will be based in Seattle.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce deliverables across myriad channels, including digital assets (web site materials, email communications, social), in-location materials, marketing and special projects assets, and internal communications
- Manage concurrent deliverables from different stakeholders
- Work well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, discipline leads, web site developers and content and marketing specialists
- Meet tight deadlines
- Present concepts and designs with justification and background explaining proposed direction
- Receive creative feedback well
- Coordinate production of print pieces
- Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design
- Produce accurate and high quality work
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss their needs
- Think creatively to produce new ideas
You're Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Have 1 - 3 years in design for a brand or agency
- Are proficient in Creative Suite - Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Are proficient in PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Have knowledge of image formatting for print, web and video
- Have knowledge of printing, production and the creation of camera-ready files
- Excel at multitasking
- Have ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Have ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Have ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Have ability to take feedback
- Have attention to detail
- Are a self-starter
- Have keen organization and ability to manage competing priorities
- Have experience and comfort with influencing various stakeholders
- Are calm and good-natured under pressure
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.