As the Community Manager, your work centers around building community and member retention at The Riveter. We are a dynamic, growing company grounded in work and collaborative spaces built to change the world. Founded by women with an idea to transform the future of business, we cultivate co-working, creativity, and change. Our community includes our amazing members, our incredible extended network of organizations who use our event spaces, and everyone else who might find a home at The Riveter.
In this role, you’ll work directly with current and prospective members to share The Riveter story and our offerings. You will also act as the primary point of contact for current members to ensure that everyone in our spaces has the best experience every visit.
What You'll Do:
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Maintain building operations and maintenance to ensure excellent member experiences, including managing facility access activations and ensuring the premises are clean and well kept
- Maintain product knowledge for all location retail operations, as necessary
- Maintain The Riveter’s aesthetic, appearance, atmosphere, and culture
- Manage Member Benefits in collaboration with Director of Member Engagement
- Be able to give in-depth tours around the space with a strong knowledge of membership plans and logistics; share The Riveter’s founding story, vision, and values
- Manage monthly community breakfasts and happy hours
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, digital and print communications, and building walkthroughs
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member transitions and other issues of complexity
- Proactively gain an understanding of members’ business objectives and identify member services that could help members achieve their objectives
- Identify and act on opportunities to connect members
- Design guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience
- Manage the local The Riveter facebook community
- Train new Community Coordinators, and serve as a resource for them
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans
- Maintain a positive attitude and take initiative
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Customer service and/or sales experience required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Knowledge of tools such as Gather, Nexudus, and Square, or ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for The Riveter’s mission and values
- Are a self-starter, creative thinker, comfortable working in a startup where you will be required to think outside the box (because we are still building the box)
- Are comfortable working with technology (basic printer troubleshooting and basic CRM data input)
- Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 30lbs
- Must be able to kneel, bend, reach, and stand for a long duration
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at [email protected]
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.